Welcome to Lizzy's Log

This blog started accidentally and rapidly took on a life of its own. Lizzy is a social dancer, inhabiting the space between dance and dreams.


30 Jan 2010

Morganstown, a lesser-known jewel in the crown

Morganstown seems an unlikely place to travel to. But with Morganstown comes some of the most gentle, warm and welcoming people I have had the opportunity to embrace. They welcome me like a child returning home, and their 10th anniversary party, on no account could be missed.

I was not disappointed. Welcomed at the door, I was fed like a queen on their banquet of goodies. That should have in itself been enough, but they had persuaded their friend and good neighbour Eduardo fresh from BA to teach workshops, entertain us with stories and play to us some of the finer selections from his musical library. Not once was I refused a dance, and I was invited many times despite sporting the reddest nose this side of Lapland.

I was enchanted. The room at times was awash with emotion as the hosts for this fine weekend worked tirelessly. It’s a weekend that quiet valley will not quickly forget.

I also had the opportunity to discover a little more about the man who is known as Eduardo. We collaborated on a short interview, resistance was futile.


1 comment:

  1. I hope you'll return to the jewel again.. as it was a magical weekend....

    ReplyDelete