Welcome to Lizzy's Log

This blog started accidentally and rapidly took on a life of its own. Lizzy is a social dancer, inhabiting the space between dance and dreams.


3 Oct 2010

A fetish

is a powerful thing. For shoe fetishists the following are essential reading: (La Dulce, Tango shoe divas, A Polar Bears Tale, To all the Tango Shoes I’ve Loved Before).
I count myself as one of them. Shoes, bags, costume all create the dance. They are love objects, artistry and essential elements of dance. Each one has to be perfect.
Last night I dressed to lead, cotton trousers, linen shirt, leather belt and plain flat shoes. Unexpectedly, there were more men than women, so I was required to dance as a follower. I was totally out of my comfort zone. My belt kept hooking on a men's belt and without the allure of my sparkly, spiky heels I felt naked, and shamefully exposed. After the third time our belts caught, I paused the dance, removed my belt and untucked the shirt from my trousers. We danced, it was magical. We danced all night, except for those times where for decency sake you give each other a rest and dance with someone else. I don't even remember his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment