Welcome to Lizzy's Log

This blog started accidentally and rapidly took on a life of its own. Lizzy is a social dancer, inhabiting the space between dance and dreams.


19 Sept 2010

River tango "Debut" sucked

TM was well annoyed.
Fouling up a night with performers such as Aoniken Quiroga & Giovanna Di Vicenzo, Marcelo Varela & Analia Vega and Otros Aires is really not clever. They were stunning, inspirational and cutting edge.

The rave music from the next room and poor acoustics made it a travesty

1 comment:

  1. Comments received from FB

    Lizzy:
    Not a good night (groan)...but the performers were awesome!

    David Bailey
    Sorry to hear that - I heard the floor wasn't good, I didn't realise there were other issues with it also. Looks like I saved myself a nice £25 quid there then :)


    Lizzy:
    Yep the performers were well worth £25, but they deserved a much better context. Didn't care too much about the floor etc. The acoustics were so painful I wasn't inspired to dance

    David James Bailey
    So, the sound quality was rubbish, the neighbours were noisy, and the floor was bad, but apart from that it was fine? :)

    Lizzy
    yeah You've got it. And I did linear boleos with Rob Never realized I could. Made my night Xx You'd have loved it LOL

    Jean Pinero
    yes I was very dissapointed with the venue too.Such a contrast from the last few years. The performers were stunning though.
    September 20 at 7:40pm · LikeUnlike

    ReplyDelete